The Blue Sky Tag
A big thank you to My Journey Into Darkness/The Story Of A Life Wasted With A Lying, Cheating, Disease-Giving, Narcissistic Husband LaurelWolfeLives for nominating me.
I don’t usually accept awards, however, this one means a lot coming from someone who has suffered more than I have so I’m very pleased to accept this.
1. Ask 11 questions.
2. Tag 11 people.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
I’m not doing it in that order, though, as I’ll start off by answering the questions asked of me:
1. Murder mystery or love story?
Murder mystery when in need of a brain teaser otherwise a love story will do.
2. Favorite color car and why.
Favourite colour is purple, I don’t have a favourite car as I don’t drive but the best one I’ve driven was an E-type Jaguar in the early 1970’s.
3. Favorite childhood memory.
Helping my mum clean up the baking dish and licking it (and the spoon) clean ready to wash up.
4. Last time you did a first.
The other day, I was waiting in line for my prescription medication and started talking to a lovely young woman who was ahead of me. Not flirting or anything just a general conversation, first time I’ve spoken to a woman in her 20’s since I was out of my teens :).
5. Best and worst traits you inherited.
Best traits, I hope, are an ability to see people as people and not skin colour or sex or sexual preference. I believe this is a short and bumpy ride and we all deserve a fair crack of the whip. Worst traits are probably my procrastination and pig-headedness.
6. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
More often than I would like, first time was when I was 2 or 3 and being rushed into hospital with meningitis, last time was being rushed in after collapsing on the street.
7. What is your biggest regret?
My biggest regret is not going to Australia in the early 1970’s looking for adventure. However, I did join the Royal Navy for a year so did find some. I left because they wouldn’t give me a ship to sail away on.
8. What is your greatest joy?
My greatest joy was watching my children being born, my daughter in 1974 and son in 1997.
9. If you could meet any famous person, who would it be?
It would have to be one of my hero’s (or David Bowie again) as you didn’t mention someone living I’d opt for someone dead, John F Kennedy or Mohamad Ali. From the world of music the choice gets wild – Lou Reed, Jim Morrison, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Jimmy Osterberg (Iggy Pop) or representing women would be Janis Joplin, Janis Ian, Grace Slick, Sheila Ferguson (met her twice already though but she is an absolute pleasure to be with), CeCe Peniston (met her once and she is terrific).
10. What song gives you chills?
Harder one this, as the song that always guarantees tears to run down is Candle In The Wind ’97 by Elton John and the other one which gives me chills is White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane. A song which always lifts me up though is one by John Lennon which I know was a single and not on any album until Shaved Fish, Instant Karma.
11. Silver or gold?
Silver, only gold jewellery I’ve ever owned have been rings but I don’t go for gold that much.
Now for my 11 questions:
1. If you could live the life of someone else for one day would you choose a pauper or princess to swap places with?
2. Favourite way to relax?
3. Cat or dog?
4. Most embarassing moment ever?
5. Happiest memory?
6. Do you listen to music for background or pleasure?
7. Favourite piece of music or song?
8. If money were no object would you work or live a life of pleasure and leisure? Why?
9. If you were to win millions on the lottery draw one week what would be your biggest purchase and why would you buy that?
10. If someone came up to you and said you could have anything your heart desired but only for 24 hours what would you choose and why?
11. What is your favourite food and where did you have it for the first time?
The 11 nominees are:
http://womenwhothinktoomuch.wordpress.com/ (in the hope it helps)