And I’m back home again

by davebarclay1954

I’d like to say a warm and heartfelt thank you so much to The Bookybunhead for her warm wishes, not sure I’m worthy, but I am feeling pretty much in need of a rest. Hospitals never seem happy with the amount of blood they take, so every day they take some more, from me that’s not as easy as it should be. I feel like a pin cushion, more aches now than when I went in but they were supposed to cut the nerves so I wasn’t in pain anymore.

If there is one thing I’ve realised over the last 3 years and that is when you have nothing at all to lose, the Government want to take that away so it makes them appear to increase the wealth of the richest 5%. Fact, in the West 95% of the wealth is in the hands of 5% of the population. The remaining 95% of the people are struggling to make ends meet. Even though the Iron Lady is dead her party are still promoting greed to leave the poor poorer. However, they’ve developed a new tactic turn the workers against those who can’t get employment because they’re either too ill, too old, too young or have something else preventing them. In my case, I’m over qualified for any of the opportunities around, under qualified for the job I’d like, and too old for employers to consider employing me.

Anyway, going back to my stay in hospital, I’m so pleased that some of the treatments given to my mum are no longer practised today. If they were I think I’d still be in the cuckoos nest now. What is it about mental illness even now, in these liberated times where nothing is taboo, that people don’t want to talk about it? I’m keeping good company though, Adam Ant, and others have started talking about their mental illness. There have been documentaries and even a drama to show that people can function, perhaps abnormally, with mental illness.

Advertisements